SUPPLY CHAIN ENGINEER / MECHANICAL ENGINEER
Fahad Ahmad's Overview
- SENIOR ENGINEER (MATERIALS) at PAKARAB FERTILIZERS LIMITED
- PROCUREMENT ENGINEER at FATIMA FERTILIZER COMPANY LIMITED, PAKARAB FERTILIZER COMPANY LIMITED
- ASSISTANT MECHANICAL ENGINEER at PAKARAB FERTILIZERS LIMITED
- ASSISTANT MANAGER (MECHANICAL) at DHCCL (SAADI CEMENT); HATTAR
Fahad Ahmad's Experience
Privately Held; 5001-10,000 employees; Chemicals industry
November 2007 – September 2011 (3 years 11 months) MULTAN, PAKISTAN
Deputed by the parent company (Pakarab Fertilizers) to work for the upcoming Project of Fatima Fertilizers in addition to Procurement matters of PFL. I am responsible to Procurement Manager (FFCL & PFL) entrusted to handle complete procurement cycle for the Project logistics; as per laid down company procurement policy and have successfully handled procurements of +50 Billion PKR. The functional duties and responsibilities include:
• Preparing Material/ Equipment Estimates along with specifications, drawings etc. and release the same to prospective vendors;
• Receiving vendors’ offers and preparing Comparative Statement in respect of quality, quantity, price, terms etc.
• Managing techno-commercial negotiation; pursuing the best advantage to the organization;
• Preparing approval documents seeking approvals of the respective authorities i.e. administrative, technical and budget allocation;
• Issuing the Purchase Order to successful bidder;
• Vetting of LC draft as per Purchase Order and negotiating with vendors to settle amendment in LC;
• Maintaining active follow-up, coordination with vendor and various internal functional teams (through e-Mails/ Phone/ facsimile); Finance; Technical, Project and Material Departments) till case closure. Visited Abu-Dhabi, several times, for expediting essential procurements;
• Arranging copies of Shipping documents for prompt clearance of Cargos;
• Preparing Daily Progress Reports like status of all Foreign/ Local Orders; Shipment status for all orders; materials in transit and/or under clearance
• Settlement of Material Exception Reports, (for short supplies and/ or non-conforming specifications), with the vendor
• Settlement of Financial Claims (Conciliation of payments; Imposition of any penalty due to any non-compliance etc.
• Supervise Vendors Performance and ensure their Service Quality through regular audits
• Ensure Proper Training Plans for Team Members to speedup procurement cycle & optimize procurement efficience
ASSISTANT MECHANICAL ENGINEER
PAKARAB FERTILIZERS LIMITED
January 2006 – November 2007 (1 year 11 months) MULTAN, PAKISTAN
Assistant Area Mechanical Engineer – Nitro Phosphate Plant and PH&S Section (UREA, CAN, NP)
Responsible to ensure maintaining problematic slurry and dry-material handling plants for smooth uninterrupted operation. The plants, besides Stationary Equipments (valves/ fittings/ Exchangers/ Steel Structures) comprise of various equipments like conveyor systems, blowers, Slurry Pumps, Vacuum Pumps, Filter Drums, Agitators, Prilling Bucket assemblies. Fabrications, for improvement modifications and alterations during monthly one-day stop-over were a regular feature. The responsibilities included the following functions:
1-Lead a team of technicians, fabricators and welders for execution of daily maintenance activities of plant safely and efficiently.
2-Carry out maintenance jobs during emergency breakdowns.
3-Condition monitoring and trouble shooting of plant equipments.
4-Indenting of spare parts keeping in view the consumption pattern and follow up to get quotation, technical evaluation, purchase order placement until material is received.
5-Planning, Scheduling, Resource Estimation and execution of preventive maintenance and Annual Turnarounds.
6-Preparation of daily maintenance reports/ weekly job plans and up keeping the equipment history cards.
7-Preparation of Annual Maintenance Budget for spare parts, Materials, services & other maintenance job requirements for the plant.
8-Inspection of received materials in warehouse.
ASSISTANT MANAGER (MECHANICAL)
DHCCL (SAADI CEMENT); HATTAR
December 2005 – January 2006 (2 months) HATTAR
Worked just for a month, availing better opportunity working in chemical/petrochemical industry located in proximity of my native town joined Pakarab. Major responsibilities, during this short tenure were to maintain problem free continuous operation of Crushing and Cement Milling Areas
ASSISTANT MANAGER (ENGINEERING)
Public Company; 201-500 employees; Construction industry
March 2005 – December 2005 (10 months) LAHORE & KOHAT
I was based at Head Office in Lahore. Major responsibilities included Technical studies, Planning and Technical Assistance to Purchase Department. Worked at Plat Site (Kohat) for one-month; to prepare for and assist in 7-day long turnaround. Learning about refractory bricks/cast able refractory and thermal insulation installation was a real add on to my knowledge.
APPRENTICE ENGINEER (MECHANICAL)
Public Company; 1001-5000 employees; Chemicals industry
October 2003 – October 2004 (1 year 1 month) SADIQABAD, PAKISTAN
Class Room Training;
02-months in Technical Training Center; The lectures comprised of training modules in Process, Equipments & Machinery, Pumps & Compressors, Piping, Maintenance and Safety.
Machinery Maintenance Plant-1 (Goth Macchi):
05-months in machinery maintenance section of Base Unit (Plant-1); Important jobs done during this period were replacement of Synthesis Gas Turbine casing, rectification of pedestal bearing vibration of 11 MW Gas Turbine for power generation, Rectification of Ben field dosing pump vibration problem.
Equipment Maintenance Plant-2 (Goth Macchi):
05-months in Equipment maintenance at Expansion Unit (Plant-2); Important jobs done during this period were modification of Hydrogen Recovery Unit Adsorber, on-line leakage rectification and reclamation of valves.
TRAINEE ENGINEER (MECHANICAL MAINTENANCE)
PAKARAB FERTILIZERS LIMITED
February 2003 – October 2003 (9 months) MULTAN, PAKISTAN
worked for a period of about eight and half months while assisting Area Mechanical Engineers and orienting with real work environment; 06-months in Maintenance workshop and 03-months in Compressor and Turbine Department.
Fahad Ahmad's Skills & Expertise
Contact Fahad for:
- career opportunities
- job inquiries
- expertise requests
- business deals
- reference requests
- getting back in touch