Senior Manager at Aga Khan University Hospital
Rahim Yaqub's Overview
- Senior Manager at Aga Khan University Hospital
- Director Food & Beverage at Karachi Marriott Hotel
- Director Food & Beverage at Pearl Continental Hotel Karachi
- Operations Manager at The Golden Tulip Hotel
- F & B Manager at PC Bhurban
- The Hotel School InterContinental Sydney
- Blacktown TAFE
- University of New York
University of Peshawar
1 person has recommended Rahim
Rahim Yaqub's Experience
Privately Held; 1001-5000 employees; Hospital & Health Care industry
August 2010 – Present (2 years 11 months) Karachi
I am the Head of Food Services at AKUH and my responsibilities include providing Patient meals services, staff meals to 8000 employees, run 3 main cafeterias on campus, several Tuck shops in various campus locations and provide fulfill catering needs of the instituation.
Director Food & Beverage
Karachi Marriott Hotel
April 2009 – August 2011 (2 years 5 months)
• Responsible to maintain Brand Standards (BSA) of Marriott International.
• Implementation of strategies administration and planning of Food & Beverage Department.
• Participate with chef, outlet & catering managers in the creation of attractive and merchandising menus designing to attract a predetermined customer market.
• Review & evaluate the degree of customer acceptance of the individual restaurants and banquet service.
• Recommend to management new operation and marketing policies.
• Conduct customer satisfaction service.
• Continuously evaluate the performance and encourage improvement of the personal in the food and beverage department.
Director Food & Beverage
Pearl Continental Hotel Karachi
June 2007 – March 2009 (1 year 10 months)
• As Divisional Head, am responsible for leading team of 340 subordinates from service, kitchen and stewarding sections.
• Responsible for the operation of 9 F&B outlets of different themes i.e. Pakistani / Continental / Authentic Chinese / Steak House / Japanese and Thai food along with Coffee Shop / Cakes Shop. The Hotel has 10 Banquet Halls covering an area of 15000 sq ft and can organize events for 50 to 5000 persons at same time with an annual budgeted target of approx 505 millions and covers almost 755,000.
• Monitor budget via controllable costs, monthly financial statements (P&L) and manpower.
• Responsible for implementing policies and procedures in operating the Food & Beverage outlets and Banquets.
• Responsible for implementing special promotions and events for all Food & Beverage Outlets, to obtain a profitable Food & Beverage operation.
• Establish two way communication and coordination with related departments like Sales & Marketing, Front Office, Engineering and Finance.
• Conduct effective meetings with all Food & Beverage Outlet Heads outlining objectives and assignment on daily basis.
• Member of Executive Committee of the Hotel.
The Golden Tulip Hotel
November 2002 – October 2003 (1 year)
• Accountable for the management, monitoring, supervision and training of 95 subordinates.
• Lead senior management meetings, outlining objectives and assignments on daily basis.
• Responsible for the Operational and Strategic Management of 3 Conference Halls, 1 Restaurant and 3 Nightclubs.
• Undertake spot inspections, recording and reporting inconsistence and unsatisfactory job standards.
• Design, revise and implement hotel brochures and sales kits outlining tariff rates and conference packages.
• Accurately compile, prepare and submit sales, forecast, budgetary, comparison and year to date reports.
• Carryout HR operational functions including recruitment and selection, training and induction procedures.
• Developed and maintained professional associations and networks.
Project : Sales Department – 3 Months
Over a 3 month project, identified and analyzed current and future sales requirements.
Thus, establishing the need for a sales department. Operational and strategic responsibilities included (but nor limited to) development of departmental guidelines, objectives, business plans incorporating job analysis, labour requirements, training and development, recruitment and selection policies, procedures and practices.
Increased overall sales by 10.8% and night club by 8% over one year period.
Rahim Yaqub's Languages
Rahim Yaqub's Skills & Expertise
Rahim Yaqub's Education
The Hotel School InterContinental Sydney
Bachelor of Business in Hotel Management
2005 – 2006
Certificate, IV, Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S)
2003 – 2004
University of New York
Hospitality & Restaurant Management Associate Degree, Associate Degree in Applied Science
1983 – 1984
University of Peshawar
Bachelor of Arts
1980 – 1982
Contact Rahim for:
- career opportunities
- consulting offers
- new ventures
- job inquiries
- expertise requests
- business deals
- reference requests
- getting back in touch
View Rahim Yaqub’s full profile to...
- See who you and Rahim Yaqub know in common
- Get introduced to Rahim Yaqub
- Contact Rahim Yaqub directly